Commercial Terms & Conditions
JennyClean carries a $2 million per occurrence/$4 million aggregate liability policy and $1 million umbrella Policy through Farm Bureau Insurance. We also are bonded and carry workers compensation on all our employees.
Terms and Conditions:
- JennyClean will provide all cleaning supplies but reserves the right to use onsite chemicals if needed. JennyClean does not provide general office supplies like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, soap, etc.
- Any changes to the agreed-upon workflow outlined in the approved estimate and outside our terms & conditions will result in a price increase. JennyClean will communicate any additional costs prior to performing work, and once permission is received the costs will be added to the monthly invoice.
- Services are billed at the beginning of the month and will be considered delinquent after 30 days. One-time commercial services will require a deposit at the time of scheduling and the balance will be invoiced once the services have been completed. The deposit for one-time commercial cleaning services is 25% of the agreed-upon price.
- JennyClean is restricted to cleaning anything below 7 ft high. Anything over this restriction will be an additional charge and will need to be requested prior to the cleaning.
- Kitchen appliances will be cleaned on the outside only.
- JennyClean does not move large furniture, appliances, area rugs, papers, or other items on desks.
- Commercial cleaning jobs will be conducted between 5 pm – 5 am unless otherwise agreed upon at the time of the estimate.
- Customer agrees to name a single representative to administer the contract on a day-to-day basis and communicate to JennyClean. Customer agrees to notify JennyClean if or when this point of contact changes.
- JennyClean is only responsible for locking doors we use or unlock. The Customer acknowledges that JennyClean may not be the last party in the facility, therefore not responsible for security.
- Bodily Fluids & Excrement: For the health and safety of our cleaners, JennyClean is not responsible for the clean up or removal of human or bodily fluids or excrement including, but not limited to feces, vomit, and blood. Additionally, JennyClean is not responsible for clogged toilets or other plumbing issues; however, our office will notify you if these types of issues come up during a clean.
- Insect & Rodent infestation: JennyClean is not responsible for the removal or clean up of insect or rodent infestation. We recommend Critter Control of Traverse City (231) 929-9321 for these types of issues.
- Key Policy: If the Customer requires keys or key cards for entrance into their building, JennyClean will require a minimum of 2 sets of keys be provided. One set will go to our cleaning technician, and one set will be kept locked up at the JennyClean office for manager use. For liability reasons, JennyClean requires clients to drop keys off to the JennyClean office prior to or on the first day of service between 9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday. Upon cancellation of services with JennyClean, the Customer will be required to pick up the keys from the JennyClean office between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. JennyClean agrees to notify the Customer within 24 hours of any missing keys.
- If keys, codes, etc. are changed and JennyClean is not notified, JennyClean is not responsible for making up services. Additionally, the same charges will still apply and be due.
- Customer agrees not to hire any of JennyClean’s employees or service providers in any capacity. Furthermore, Customer agrees not to indirectly hire any JennyClean employees in any capacity (through a third party). This portion of the agreement will result in the Customer compensating JennyClean $10,000 per occurrence.
- Customer contract will auto renew each month on the 1st of that month. This is a month to month contract with a 3 month cancellation term. If cancellation is submitted inside any month the term ends 3 months following that month
- Please submit cancellations by email to Office@jennyclean.com
Example: A written cancellation is sent to Office@jennyclean.com for termination of cleaning services on March 8th. The last day of service will be the last day of June. March is the month of cancellation, the remaining months are April, May and June.
RESIDENTIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
We bring our own supplies and tools because (1) we have tested our products to make sure they provide quality results, (2) our employees are trained in their proper use, and (3) to free you from having to keep track of what we need before your scheduled cleaning day. If you would like us to use your cleaning product we ask that you call the office for pre-approval. Due to OSHA regulations we are required to have Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals our technicians use.
We are unable to use client ladders or climb higher than two steps. Higher items will be dusted with an extension duster to the best of our ability. Please call our office prior to cleaning if you want to request dusting higher than 8ft.
We do offer slat by slat blind cleaning. Blinds must be at least 2”, we do not service mini blinds. Blinds may need to be vacuumed before they are wiped; this will require additional time. Please allow for some dust resettlement after we leave, we try to limit the dust in the air but cannot prevent this entirely. We cannot be held liable for blinds/shutters that have dry rot, sun damage and/or are not installed properly.
We will move “light” furniture but we do not move refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc. We will try to reach all visible places either by hand or with an extension duster.
Your pets are members of your family and we respect that. However, if your pet is afraid of vacuums, territorial or overly friendly and will not allow us to do our work, we may suggest that they be placed in areas that we are not working in. Our technicians are not trained to clean pet excrement, this includes cleaning of litter boxes and dog kennels.
For our protection and yours, if you have firearms, we ask that all they be stored and locked away prior to our cleaning your home. We will not clean any rooms in which a firearm is visibly present. Please do not leave firearms under pillows or mattresses as they pose a danger when we are changing linens on beds.
Insect infestation can be a problem and may prevent us from cleaning your home. If an infestation of ants, termites, roaches, fleas, bed bugs, etc. is encountered, we will not clean until the problem has been rectified. Please do not expect us to clean up dead insects that you’ve sprayed (i.e. ants, etc.). We will leave you a note or call you regarding the problem.
If your home has a security system, please inform us how you want to handle it. Security and safety of your home is a major concern at JennyClean, and our staff is sensitive to security and access procedures. Our policy is to lock the door while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. Please do not rely on us to let in workmen during the time we are in your home unless pre-approved by the office.
Please note that it is not necessary for you to have to disarm your alarm systems the day of our cleaning. If you contact your alarm company they can assist you in programming a code that is unique to our company. It is common for clients with alarms to give us our own code. Our technicians are trained on how to disarm and rearm alarms.
The safety of our employees is extremely important. To decrease the risk of injury to employees we are unable to move heavy objects, flip mattresses, etc. We are unable to clean up vomit, blood, urine or excrement. If an employee feels that their personal safety is in danger, and the employee must leave the job site, the client is still responsible for the full cost of the job.
Key Control Policy
Keys are number coded and have no names or street addresses attached to them. For liability purposes, Customers must drop keys off at the JennyClean office prior to the first day of services between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Upon cancellation of services, the Customer must pick the keys up at the JennyClean office between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
If you decide not to issue a key to JennyClean, and no one will be home during the cleaning, you may choose to leave a door unlocked or place a spare key in a secured place for the technicians to gain access to your home. In this case, you release JennyClean of any liability that may arise from damages or theft to your home as we cannot guarantee that we are the only ones who will have access to your home that day.
Injuries in Your Home
Our staff members are full time employees and not “independent contractors.” All employees are covered by our Workers’ Compensation Insurance. This covers the employee’s injuries and protects you.
It is important for us to have access to every area of your home that we will be cleaning. In doing so, we need to work freely and without distractions. Excessive talking (beyond cleaning instructions) prevents us from being 100% focused.
Every effort is made to work safely and cautiously and we cannot assume liability for injury to others. We kindly ask that you, your children and pets remain out of the rooms that we are cleaning in order to prevent safety hazards (contact with cleaning products, tripping over buckets, caddies, vacuum cords, etc.).
We accept all major credit cards. We invoice residential cleaning services once a month at the begining of the billing cycle with automatic scheduled payments via a card on file. Example: if your billing cycle is the 5th of each month, your billing would look like this: invoicing on January 5th would cover all cleaning services until February 5th, and so on.
Tips are always appreciated but not required. Feel free to leave cash in a marked envelope, or you can write a check to the individual cleaner (not JennyClean).
When we schedule your appointment we reserve a day and time for you and you alone. Our technicians depend on your job being there in order for them to make their salary. Cancellations cost them dearly. Just like you, they expect a consistent, steady income and if not received, they start looking for other employment. Accordingly, we have implemented the following policies:
Lock Out/Turned Away Fee
If we arrive on our scheduled cleaning day and are turned away at the door or cannot get in, we will charge full price for your scheduled cleaning.
We require cancellations to be communicated to us 48hrs (2 full business days) in advance to avoid charges. We have held your spot and turned down business so as not to interrupt your service. Cancellations communicated less than 48hrs (2 full working days) prior to appointment but more than 24 hours (1 full business day) will be charged 50% of the cleaning price. Cancellations communicated less than 24 hours (1 full working day) will be charged the full price for your scheduled cleaning.
We ask that service cancellation requests are made prior to your next billing cycle. If a cancellation request is made anytime within that months billing cycle and you do not wish to finish out the cleaing services within the current billing cycle, there will not be a refund for the remaining services. *see the “Payment” section above for billing cycle explanation.
Notify the Office
All cancellations must be made by emailing the office at email@example.com.
Solicitation of Staff
By using our services, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by JennyClean for any home-related or business-related cleaning service. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral fee is $3,500.
Accidents do happen. If we are responsible for damages to your home or items in your home, we will leave a note for you the day of the cleaning. We make every attempt to repair, replace or pay for any items that we have damaged.
We will not assume liability for pre-existing damages, scratches, dings in windows, paint, furniture, floors, walls, etc. or items not secured in a proper manner (e.g. heavy pictures hanging from thumb tacks, not anchored properly to walls). Items of monetary or sentimental value should be put away on the day of cleaning and/or cleaned by the homeowner.
All surfaces (e.g. marble, granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are assumed to be sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm/damage when common cleaners are used.
Release of Liability
Should you decide you would like us to clean items of monetary or sentimental value (>$100) e.g., items within curio cabinets, etc., the following will apply: Client hereby releases JennyClean from all liability arising out of cleaning these item(s). Client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item(s) even if JennyClean may have caused the need for repair or replacement.
Wear and Tear
The longer we live in our homes, the more wear and tear builds up in it. Baseboards, bottom of showers and tubs, mold/mildew, excessive water spots and soap scum on glass shower doors, worn flooring, grout, window tracks, etc. are all areas where wear and tear will impact results. These areas may take more than one cleaning to improve in appearance or may not come clean at all.
Holidays and Closings
Our office is closed and there will be no cleanings scheduled on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
We reserve the right to cancel cleanings due to weather/road conditions at any time.
Our hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our technicians arrive at our first house between 8:15 and 8:45, and the last house by 3:00 p.m. Unless you are our first cleaning of the day, we are unable to guarantee an exact arrival time. However, we can provide you with a 2 hour window of our estimated arrival time if you call the office the day before your cleaning. Please allow us the flexibility of scheduling our arrival between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We will strive to meet your requested arrival time but we cannot guarantee it.
If you want to wait for us to arrive, please be home during the estimated window of time to let the cleaner(s) into your home. If no one is home or we are turned away for any reason a cancellation fee will be charged (see Cancellation Policy.)
Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
Laundry: All laundry will be done off site. Please inform guests not to start laundry before departing. All items beyond sheets and towels are charged at an extra flat fee. No prior notification will be sent in advance if additional items need to be cleaned. Please note that JennyClean requires all laundry be labeled with the rental name or owner’s initials and the sheet size (if not already specified on the tag).
Beds: Please ask guests to leave all used beds unmade and used sofa sleepers open so that cleaners have no question which beds were used.
Supply & Linen Closet: JennyClean requires all rental properties to have a locked supply & linen closet that can only be accessed by JennyClean and the property owners. This ensures that supplies and linen are not being depleted by guests. If the rental does not have a locked supply closet, JennyClean is not responsible for supply shortages.
Dishes: We ask that the dishwasher be started prior to guests departure. Any items needing handwashing should also be done. If there are any dishes that still need cleaning or the dishwasher has not been loaded, there will be a $50 fee. If a dishwasher needs to be run while the cleaner is at the rental, JennyClean is not responsible for unloading items if it is not finished by completion of the cleaning.
Empty Fridge Fee: The fridge must be emptied of all contents that are not the property of the rental owner. Items left behind will result in a $25 fee.
Large appliances and Furniture: Our cleaners do not move large appliances or furniture to clean under or behind them. They are only allowed to move lightweight items such as kitchen chairs, stools, ottomans, etc. We will do our best to reach those areas with our cleaning equipment.
Late Checkout fee: A $65 late check out fee is charged 15 minutes past check out time. If the rental is occupied 30 minutes after check out, it will be determined if another cleaner needs to be sent to get the rental cleaned in a timely manner. In the event another cleaner is sent, it will be an additional $65 per hour.
Excessive Clean Fee: In the event the rental needs to be cleaned above and beyond a typical rental cleaning, there will be an additional fee of $65 per hour ($65 minimum charge). JennyClean will take pictures for your reference.
Lock out fee: In the event our cleaners are locked out of the rental or a door code has been changed without prior notice, JennyClean will contact you. If there is no response within 15 minutes the cleaner will leave the premises. You will still be charged the full amount for the missed cleaning, in addition; if the cleaning is rescheduled (same day or beyond), you will be invoiced for both at 100% of the cleaning fee.
Scheduling Cleaning Dates: We ask that all rental dates be provided at least one week in advance. We cannot guarantee service for any dates less than one week in advance, but will do our best to accommodate.
Cancelation Policy: There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. If canceled 48 or more hours before the scheduled cleaning, there is no fee. If canceled less than 48 hours before the scheduled cleaning, you will be charged 50% of the cleaning fee. If it is less than 24 hours, you will be charged the full cleaning fee.
Solicitation of Staff: Customer agrees not to hire any of JennyClean’s employees or service providers in any capacity. Furthermore, Customer agrees not to indirectly hire any JennyClean employees in any capacity (through a third party). This portion of the agreement will result in the Customer compensating JennyClean $10,000 per occurrence.
Questions regarding our terms and conditions: Please email JennyClean with all questions regarding any of the above terms and conditions at firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will reach out to you.