1.JennyClean will provide all cleaning supplies but reserves the right to use onsite chemicals if needed. JennyClean does not provide general office supplies like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, soap, etc.
2 .Any changes to the agreed upon workflow outlined in the approved estimate and outside our terms & conditions will result in a price increase. JennyClean will communicate any additional costs prior to performing work, and once permission is received the costs will be added to the monthly invoice.
3. Services are billed at the beginning of the month and will be considered delinquent after 30 days. One-time commercial services will require a deposit at the time of scheduling and the balance will be invoiced once the services have been completed. The deposit for one-time commercial cleaning services is 25% of the agreed upon price.
4. JennyClean is restricted to cleaning anything below 7 ft high. Anything over this restriction will be an additional charge, and will need to be requested prior to the cleaning.
5. Kitchen appliances will be cleaned on the outside only.
6. JennyClean does not move large furniture, appliances, area rugs, and papers or other items on desks.
7. Commercial cleaning jobs will be conducted between 5pm – 5am, unless otherwise agreed upon at the time of the estimate.
8. Customer agrees to name a single representative to administer the contract on a day-to-day basis and communicate to JennyClean. Customer agrees to notify JennyClean if or when this point of contact changes.
9. JennyClean is only responsible for locking doors we use or unlock. The Customer acknowledges that JennyClean may not be the last party in the facility, therefore not responsible for security.
10. Bodily Fluids & Excrement: For the health and safety of our cleaners, JennyClean is not responsible for the clean up or removal of human or bodily fluids or excrement including, but not limited to feces, vomit, and blood. Additionally, JennyClean is not responsible for clogged toilets or other plumbing issues; however, our office will notify you if these types of issues come up during a clean.
11. Insect & Rodent infestation: JennyClean is not responsible for the removal or clean up of insect or rodent infestation. We recommend Critter Control of Traverse City (231) 929-9321 for these types of issues.
12. Key Policy: If the Customer requires keys or key cards for entrance into their building, JennyClean will require a minimum of 2 sets of keys be provided. One set will go to our cleaning technician, and one set will be kept locked up at the JennyClean office for manager use. For liability reasons, JennyClean requires clients to drop keys off to the JennyClean office prior to or on the first day of service between 9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday. Upon cancellation of services with JennyClean, the Customer will be required to pick up the keys from the JennyClean office between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. JennyClean agrees to notify the Customer within 24 hours of any missing keys.
13. If keys, codes, etc. are changed and JennyClean is not notified, JennyClean is not responsible for making up services. Additionally, the same charges will still apply and be due.
14. Customer agrees not to hire any of JennyCleans employees or service providers in any capacity. Furthermore, Customer agrees not to indirectly hire any JennyClean employees in any capacity (through a third party). This portion of the agreement will result in the Customer compensating JennyClean $10,000 per occurrence.
15. JennyClean requires a 90 day written notice to cancel services. JennyClean will also provide a 90 day written notice if we choose to discontinue services.
16. Customer contract will auto renew after 12 months, and will be subject to up to a 10% price increase.
1. Supplies: We bring our own supplies and tools because (1) we have tested our products to make sure they provide quality results, (2) our employees are trained in their proper use, and (3) to free you from having to keep track of what we need before your scheduled cleaning day. If you would like us to use your cleaning product we ask that you call the office for pre-approval. Due to OSHA regulations we are required to have Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals our technicians use.
2. Ladders: We are unable to use client ladders or climb higher than two steps. Higher items will be dusted with an extension duster to the best of our ability. Please call our office prior to cleaning if you want to request dusting higher than 8ft.
3. Blinds: We do offer slat by slat blind cleaning. Blinds must be at least 2”, we do not service mini blinds. Blinds may need to be vacuumed before they are wiped; this will require additional time. Please allow for some dust resettlement after we leave, we try to limit the dust in the air but cannot prevent this entirely. We cannot be held liable for blinds/shutters that have dry rot, sun damage and/or are not installed properly.
4. Moving Furniture: We will move “light” furniture but we do not move refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc. We will try to reach all visible places either by hand or with an extension duster.
5. Pets: Your pets are members of your family and we respect that. However, if your pet is afraid of vacuums, territorial or overly friendly and will not allow us to do our work, we may suggest that they be placed in areas that we are not working in. Our technicians are not trained to clean pet excrement, this includes cleaning of litter boxes and dog kennels.
6. Fire Arms: For our cleaners protection and yours, if you have firearms, we ask that all they be stored and locked away prior to our cleaning your home. We will not clean any rooms in which a firearm is visibly present. Please do not leave firearms under pillows or mattresses as they pose a danger when we are changing linens on beds.
7. Insects: Insect infestation can be a problem and may prevent us from cleaning your home. If an infestation of ants, termites, roaches, fleas, bed bugs, etc. is encountered, we will not clean until the problem has been rectified. Please do not expect us to clean up dead insects that you’ve sprayed (i.e. ants, etc.). We will leave you a note or call you regarding the problem.
8. Alarm System: If your home has a security system, please inform us how you want to handle it. Security and safety of your home is a major concern at JennyClean, and our staff is sensitive to security and access procedures. Our policy is to lock the door while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. Please do not rely on us to let in workmen during the time we are in your home unless pre-approved by the office. Please note that it is not necessary for you to have to disarm your alarm systems the day of our cleaning. If you contact your alarm company they can assist you in programming a code that is unique to our company. It is common for clients with alarms to give us our own code. Our technicians are trained on how to disarm and rearm alarms.
9. Safety: To decrease the risk of injury to employees we are unable to move heavy objects, flip mattresses, etc. We are unable to clean up vomit, blood, urine or excrement. If an employee feels that their personal safety is in danger, and the employee must leave the job site, the client is still responsible for the full cost of the job.
10. Key Control Policy: Keys are number coded and have no names or street addresses attached to them. For liability purposes, Customers must drop keys off at the JennyClean office prior to the first day of services between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Upon cancellation of services, the Customer must pick the keys up at the JennyClean office between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
11. If you decide not to issue a key to JennyClean, and no one will be home during the cleaning, you may choose to leave a door unlocked or place a spare key in a secured place for the technicians to gain access to your home. In this case, you release JennyClean of any liability that may arise from damages or theft to your home as we cannot guarantee that we are the only ones who will have access to your home that day.
12. Injuries in Your Home: Our staff members are full time employees and not “independent contractors.” All employees are covered by our Workers’ Compensation Insurance. This covers the employee’s injuries and protects you.
13. Distractions: It is important for us to have access to every area of your home that we will be cleaning. In doing so, we need to work freely and without distractions. Excessive talking (beyond cleaning instructions) prevents us from being 100% focused.
14. Every effort is made to work safely and cautiously and we cannot assume liability for injury to others. We kindly ask that you, your children and pets remain out of the rooms that we are cleaning in order to prevent safety hazards (contact with cleaning products, tripping over buckets, caddies, vacuum cords, etc.).
15. Payment: We accept all major credit cards. Invoices need to be paid within 24 hours. In the unfortunate event that we are unable to collect on past due payments, accounts will be forwarded to our collection agency.
16. Tips: Tips are always appreciated but not required. Feel free to leave cash in a marked envelope, or you can write a check to the individual cleaner (not JennyClean).
17. Scheduling: When we schedule your appointment we reserve a day and time for you and you alone. Our technicians depend on your job being there in order for them to make their salary. Cancellations cost them dearly. Just like you, they expect a consistent, steady income and if not received, they start looking for other employment. Accordingly, we have implemented the following policies:
Cancellation Fee: We require cancellations to be communicated to us 48hrs (2 full business days) in advance to avoid charges. We have held your spot and turned down business so as not to interrupt your service. Cancellations communicated less than 48hrs (2 full working days) prior to appointment but more than 24 hours (1 full business day) will be charged 50% of the cleaning price. Cancellations communicated less than 24 hours (1 full working day) will be charged the full price for your scheduled cleaning.
Lock Out/Turned Away Fee: If we arrive on our scheduled cleaning day and are turned away at the door or cannot get in, we will charge full price for your scheduled cleaning.
18. Notify the Office: All cancellations, scheduling changes, or workflow change requests must be made by emailing the office at email@example.com.
Solicitation of Staff: By using our services, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by JennyClean for any home-related or business-related cleaning service. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral fee is $3,500.
Damages: Accidents do happen. If we are responsible for damages to your home or items in your home, we will leave a note for you the day of the cleaning. We make every attempt to repair, replace or pay for any items that we have damaged.
We will not assume liability for pre-existing damages, scratches, dings in windows, paint, furniture, floors, walls, etc. or items not secured in a proper manner (e.g. heavy pictures hanging from thumb tacks, not anchored properly to walls). Items of monetary or sentimental value should be put away on the day of cleaning and/or cleaned by the homeowner. All surfaces (e.g. marble, granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are assumed to be sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm/damage when common cleaners are used.
Release of Liability: Should you decide you would like us to clean items of monetary or sentimental value (>$100) e.g., items within curio cabinets, etc., the following will apply: Client hereby releases JennyClean from all liability arising out of cleaning these item(s). Client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item(s) even if JennyClean may have caused the need for repair or replacement.
Wear and Tear: The longer we live in our homes, the more wear and tear builds up in it. Baseboards, bottom of showers and tubs, mold/mildew, excessive water spots and soap scum on glass shower doors, worn flooring, grout, window tracks, etc. are all areas where wear and tear will impact results. These areas may take more than one cleaning to improve in appearance or may not come clean at all.
Holidays and Closings: Our office is closed and there will be no cleanings scheduled on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
We reserve the right to cancel cleanings due to weather/road conditions at any time.
Arrival Time/Hours: Our hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our technicians arrive at our first house between 8:15 and 8:45, and the last house by 3:00 p.m. Unless you are our first cleaning of the day, we are unable to guarantee an exact arrival time. However, we can provide you with a 2 hour window of our estimated arrival time if you call the office the day before your cleaning. Please allow us the flexibility of scheduling our arrival between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We will strive to meet your requested arrival time but we cannot guarantee it. If you want to wait for us to arrive, please be home during the estimated window of time to let the cleaner(s) into your home. If no one is home or we are turned away for any reason a cancellation fee will be charged (see Cancellation Policy.)
1. Healthy and Clean Laundry Program: Our rental prices include 1 bag of laundry washed off site. Each additional bag of laundry will be charged at a per pound price. All items beyond sheets and towels (comforters, blankets, throws, etc.) are charged at an extra flat fee, and no prior notification will be sent in advance if these items need to be laundered. Please note JennyClean requires all rental laundry to be labeled with the rental or owner’s initials, the sheet size specified on sheet tags, and 3 matching sheet sets to be provided for each bed.
2. Dishes: Our cleaners will put away all clean dishes. If the cleaner has to hand wash dishes or load/start the dishwasher there will be a $50 fee added to the invoice. Please note, if a dishwasher load needs to be run while the cleaner is at the rental, JennyClean is not responsible for unloading the dishwasher if it’s not finished by the completion of the rental cleaning.
3. Empty Fridge Fee: The fridge must be emptied of all food and condiments that is not requested to be left by the rental property owner. Food/condiments left behind will result in a $25 fee.
4. Locked Supply Closet: We ask that all rental properties have a locked supply closet/area that can only be accessed by the cleaning staff and property owners. This will ensure the supplies are not being depleted by guests, and will help keep supplies organized. If the rental does not have a locked supply closet, JennyClean is not responsible for replenishing supplies or for the rental being inadequately stocked due to supplies being depleted by rental guest overuse.
5. Large appliances and Furniture: Our cleaners do not move large appliances or furniture to clean under or behind. Cleaners are allowed to move light weight furniture such as kitchen chairs/stools, and ottomans. They will do their best to reach those areas with the cleaning equipment provided by JennyClean.
6. Late Checkout fee: A $65 late check out fee is charged after 15 minutes past the time we are scheduled to start and the cleaner has to wait to start the clean. If it is later to the point we have to send someone else out, an Excessive Clean Fee will apply.
7. Excessive Clean Fee: In the event of cleaning above and beyond a reasonable rental turn cleaning, an additional fee of $65/hour may apply with a $65 minimum. Our cleaners will take pictures for your reference.
8. Lock out /code changed without notice to JennyClean: In the event our cleaners are locked out of a rental or a keypad code is changed without notice resulting in lock out, our cleaning staff will notify you, and wait 15 minutes. If they do not receive a response, or are unable to gain entrance, they will leave the property and you will be invoiced for 100% of the cleaning fee. If the cleaning is rescheduled that service will also be invoiced at 100% of the cleaning fee.
9. Scheduling Cleaning Dates: We ask that all cleaning dates are provided a minimum of 1 week in advance, but earlier is better. Please note that we can not guarantee service for any dates provided under 1 week advance notice.
10. Cancelation Policy: Canceling 48 hours or more to a scheduled cleaning there will be no charge. If it’s within a 48 hour period the fee is 50% of the price of the cleaning. If it’s within 24 hours or the same day of the cleaning we will charge for a full cleaning.
Please email JennyClean with all questions regarding any of the above terms and conditions at firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will reach out to you.